I had previously cut a few of these Impression Obsession Butterflies in a peachy-coral color with some vellum top layers so I grabbed one out of my container that I keep spare parts in. I always cut the antennae off of the solid butterfly image and just keep them on the vellum layer so it doesn't look like my butterfly has 4 antennae. I use a marker to make them black. I attached the layers as I usually do by putting Ranger Multi Medium Matte down just the center of the butterfly's body to attach the vellum layer. Using my fingernail or my bone folder, I gently curve the tips of the wings on both layers so that they are pointing slightly downward. I use a foam square cut in half lengthwise under the butterfly's bottom layer to attach it to my background panel and then a smaller piece of foam adhesive under the tip of each wing. The rear of the butterfly I attach directly to the card base using Ranger Multi Medium Matte or you could also use a glue dot. This card panel is cut with my largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die in Cameo Coral, which is another discontinued SU! color.
I took 3 foam squares and cut each of them in quarters to use in attaching the floral image to the background panel. You always need to put a little of the foam adhesive in the center of whatever image you are attaching so it doesn't "cave in" at the center.
Next I cut three of the "Dream" die cuts and stacked them up so I would have a nice, dimensional word. This die cut came in a set of three words from Little Yellow Bicycle at Hobby Lobby but the only place I've seen it since I got mine is Amazon. The bottom two layers are just scraps of watercolor card stock and the top one is from some scrap pieces of watercolor paper that I had painted. I try to always look at and utilize my scraps. If something is a nice color or special in some way, I try to find die cuts that I can use with it. I sort my scraps by color families from time to time when the pile near my Cuttlebug starts getting too big.
I cut a thin strip of Gold Glitter Cardstock and started assembling my card. For the word "Dream", I put a tissue underneath it and added a layer of Wink of Stella and then Ranger Glossy Accents on top, setting it aside to dry for about an hour. When I came back, it was ready to attach to my card. Using Ranger Multi Medium Matte, I adhered it and held it down for a few minutes so it would not come loose. I could have set some acrylic blocks on it, but my hands were free for a few minutes Ü. I love the simple but elegant touch that just a narrow strip of glitter card stock makes on a card. This is a tip that I picked up from Jennifer McGuire and I find it works often when you need just a touch of something more on your card. I considered sequins, but I like this option better for this card at least.