I'm a messy creator, so this morning I worked on my table and trying to get some things put away before I started another project. I do this 1 or 2 times a week, but when I am creating, there's no stopping to put something back. If I reach for it and it isn't right, onto the pile it goes! It's not for everyone, but it works for me.
After that, I sat down to try out this "Unforgettable" stamp set that has been back ordered for quite a while. I finally got mine this past week. I think that was the first time I have ever gotten the dies before I got the stamp set. *Ü*
Dawn Woleslagle, the owner of WPLUS9 designed this stamp set and it has matching dies (here). There's a YouTube video (here) where Dawn did a beautiful vintage looking, water colored card with this stamp several months ago and I have been in love with it ever since.
I actually did two similar cards using this stamp set because I was experimenting with two different kinds of paper. The second one is a birthday card for my youngest grandchild, Xander. He loves his animals and will love this card so much.
All of the images in this set, stamp very well so for the lightest possible outline, I used 3rd generation stamps of Versafine Black Pigment Ink. It's really important to use a Water Resistant ink with Copic Markers because they are alcohol based. I used my Copic Ciao Markers in C1, C3 and C5 with a touch of R11 for the cheeks and ears. One elephant was done on watercolor paper and the other was done on Stampin' Up's Whisper White which is a super smooth card stock. I really don't have a preference at this time for one over the other. I think both types of paper offer advantages. The one pictured here is the one done on card stock. The party hat and balloon were colored using B00, B02 and B05. Even the little blades of grass are included in this stamp along with three different elephant images, the balloon and several greetings. For my greeting, I put a strip of masking tape over the bottom line of this 3-line sentiment to use it for a non-birthday card. Then I inked up the stamp and pulled the strip of masking tape off before stamping. With no ink on that line, nothing transferred.
The front panel is one that I created when I was experimenting with Ranger Distress Inks and watercolor several weekends ago. I didn't like how it turned out for that project, but I saved it just in case. I love it when I can go back and use something that I saved! So after I die cut it, I just created my scene.
There are dies for the different elephants, the balloon, the party hat and even a little bow for the tail or the balloon string if you want to use it. I loosely scattered some matching sequins on the card front just for the pictures. I haven't attached any to the card just yet.
I used the stitched and scalloped Sunshine Layers from WPLUS9 for the turquoise background panel and the Stitched Rectangles from Simon Says Stamp for the pale blue panel where I created my scene. Those two dies are probably my most frequently used. The card base is a 4.25 x 11 inch piece of Stampin' Up Smoky Slate that was scored and top folded at 5.5 inches. The blades of grass are stamped directly onto the front panel in Wild Wasabi which is my favorite green from Stampin' Up.
The elephant with his party hat and the balloon are mounted to the card front with dimensional adhesive. The hat and balloon have a layer of Wink of Stella in clear, then Glossy Accents on top which really makes them pop!
I like to let my Glossy Accents dry for at least 24 hours before I do anything else, so this card might get a few sequins before I mail it out on Monday morning.
Here's the other card I made which was stamped and colored directly onto a piece of watercolor paper. Again, the stamped images are 3rd generation but still so crisp!