Friday, August 7, 2015

Tie it Up!

Today I worked on an entry for one of the blogs I subscribe to. They have a Monday Challenge each week and also a Wednesday Challenge.  This weeks theme for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is "Tie it Up".  I have lots of ribbon to choose from in my "collection" even though I rarely use it so it was indeed a challenge for me.

I like the crispness of die cut panels on a card but I didn't have the sizes I needed to do this particular card.  I was over the moon this evening when I went to check for a set of dies I have been waiting for at Simon Says Stamp and they were back in stock.  I did not hesitate-- I ordered!  I didn't want to miss out and be waiting yet again.


On with the details.  I used a top fold 4.25 x 5.5 inch card base made from White Neenah 110# cardstock.  The base panel is Pink with a little shimmer in it.  The next layer is Slate which is a much better match than black to the print.  I love this fun paper from Carta Bella's Paris Girl Collection. I used the Direct To Paper (DTP) method to ink the edges in Dusty Plum Cat's Eye Ink.  I then applied the "Belly Band" by tying pink grosgrain ribbon around the printed cardstock panel. I always seem to tie a knot vs. a bow as its not as frilly or fussy as an actual bow. I always cut my ends at an angle to prevent fraying.  I cut three layers of the word "LOVE" and glued the layers one on top of the other with Tombow Mono Aqua Glue for dimension. Two additional layers of the pink cardstock went into the die for the heart part of that die cut.   I added just a few Black Iridescent Sequins using micro glue dots and adhered the layers to the base card.  Voila!

I was very much wishing that I had the Spellbinders Eiffel Tower Die for this card, but I haven't purchased it so far.   I can see that I need to add it to my wish list as I have more of this paper and I really like the clean & simple design of this card.

Happy Friday Everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!