Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Challenge #92

It's time for a new challenge at Always Playing With Paper's The Challenge! For my card, I chose Black and White with Pink which is a favorite color combination.  The delicate rose pinks with the bold graphics of the black and white background is a bit unexpected.

I have a tendency to pull stamps and dies out for any ideas I have for upcoming projects and challenges. They might be stamps that are new or just some that haven't been used for a while. it seems like I always have several on my desk. I've used black and white quite a bit in the last few weeks so I will post some of the other projects I've created at the bottom of this post so that you can get ideas for any projects you might want to do. I know that for me, I get inspired each time I see how someone else used a particular set. For this card, I used the Simon Says Stamp Bouquet of Thanks Bundle from the One of a Kind Release.


I made a top folding card base made from Stamper's Select White  Next, I cut the My Favorite Things Diagonal Stripe Cover Up Die. I cut one from True Black and one from Stamper's Select White.  I put each of the cover ups face down on my work surface and lay the opposite color stripes into place and tape it with a bit of micro-pore tape on the back side so that when I flip it over for my card, it all stays in place. When you finish both of the ones you've cut, you have 2 front panels ready to go. I used all Papertrey Ink Cardstock with the exception of Audrey Blue which came from Simon Says Stamp. The colored card stocks I used are linked and listed below.

All of the colored images were done with Copic Markers except the heart was just cut from Black, White and Autumn Rose Cardstock.  Today's card used three shades of "pink" in the RV Color Family, RV63, RV52 and RV000.  I stamped with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink on X-press It Copic Blending Card which I love. I'm finding it to be much less work to get a blend when I use this specialty paper to do my coloring on.  It is the silkiest paper I have ever used by a lot and takes much less effort than my #110 lb cardstock. I was a bit worried about how it would stand up to die cutting, but it has not been an issue at all.  I cut each sheet of 8.5 x 11 inch paper into 4 pieces and then stamp as needed. I used the companion die for the Bouquet of Thanks to die cut it. To finish off my card today, I used Nuvo Crystal Drops in Ebony Black Gloss and Glossy Accents over the die cut word.  For some of the other cards below, I used Liquid Pearls, Nuvo Crystal Drops or some even sequins. I have some black iridescent sequins that are a favorite. I'm not sure where I got them as I have had them for a long time. It's always nice to have a few choices. *Ü*



Card 1: Stamper's Select WhiteTrue Black and Lavender Moon with the Avery Elle Floral Bouquet Stamps and Dies.
Card 2: Dark Indigo and Stamper's Select White with the Avery Elle Floral Bouquet Stamps and Dies.
Card 3: True Black and Stamper's Select White with the Avery Elle Floral Bouquet Stamps and Dies.

Card 6: True Black, Stamper's Select White and Autumn Rose with the Caprice Heart.

The die cut greetings are from several sources; Hero Arts for the first Hello, Simon Says Stamp for the Painted Hello and Miss You, Little Yellow Bicycle for the Smile, Friend from Mama Elephant, and Thanks from Simon Says Stamp.

I hope these cards will give you lots of ideas for how you can incorporate another color into your black and white palette. Create a new project and link up over at The Challenge to show us your card.  You can also check out the other design team members here:


Have a great rest of the week and I hope you'll come back soon.  This is always a popular theme so there will be lots of inspiration to see in the next week!

5 comments:

  1. WOW these are just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Black & White with a POP of Color’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so pretty! Love the Nuvo gloss on the die cut sentiment, and you applied it so perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing your card in our challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous! What a magnificent collection of cards you have created!! I love all of them. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Black/White with a POP of Color" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and elegant set of cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!