Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Papertrey Ink July 2017 Create Along With Us

It's release time at Papertrey Ink and that means we have another "Create Along With Us Challenge".  Sometimes I like to see all of the projects before I decide what I'm going to do for the challenge, but this month Michelle Leone's card caught my attention right away so I decided to go for something along these lines.  I love the soft shades she used with the super fun florals, leaves and sprigs. Those are from a new set releasing this month designed by Nichole Heady. I chose to use brighter colors for my card but I hope I achieved some of the same feeling that Michelle's card conveys.
Michelle Leone's Card

Of course, this month's release is in the pre-release stage as of this post and hasn't yet been available for purchase; that happens on the 15th of every month at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time. So, I grabbed a set from last month that I've been meaning to sit down and create with called Garden Party designed by Dawn McVey.

I started by cutting several of each shape from the Garden Party Coordinating Dies from Stamper's Select White Cardstock. It always takes me a bit of practice to see how things line up since the images are not perfectly symmetrical.

This particular stamp set has a few choices in how you stamp it from full solid color image on the bottom to one that stamps with white space left for the 2nd and 3rd layers. The leaves are all just a single layer and I originally stamped them in New Leaf Ink.  That didn't give me quite the look I was going for so I stamped some more using Smokey Shadow Ink.  The neutral color gave a lot of balance for the monochromatic look and the backgrounds I had chosen.

For the front panel, I used a die cut panel of Lavender Moon Stripe that had been cut first from the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die and then with the Concord & 9th Select-A-Size Edge Dies.  The background panel of Smokey Shadow Cardstock was cut with a slightly larger Stitched Rectangle Die from the My Favorite Things Blueprints 15 Die Set. I adhered both of the background layers to a top folding card base made from Stamper's Select White Cardstock.


The banner is the Papertrey Ink Number The Stars Banner Die but I use it often with the sentiment from Altenew's Beautiful Day set because it's a perfect fit. I stamped it in Versamark and heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder.

I arranged my flowers and leaves and then used the "Press-N-Seal" method to lift the entire arrangement and put glue on the back side then laid the arrangement back down and pressed again.  This held everything in place while the glue had time to set and I could peel the Press-N-Seal away.  You can use a little piece of the Press-N-Seal for many times until it completely loses its tackiness.  It always gives me a little smile when I remember that Simon Says Stamp carries this item!

The challenge for this week over at The Paper Players is a monochromatic color scheme in these lovely shades of Pink and Rose so I used the Rose Petals Collection of inks from Altenew to stamp my blooms.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoy my card.  Be sure to head over to Nichole Heady's Blog to see all of the submissions for the Create Along With Us Challenge this month.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! A very classy and elegant layout that really puts the spotlight on those gorgeous flowers. Love the platinum embossed sentiment! Thanks for sharing this stunner in The Paper Players Color Challenge this week! ~ Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! What gorgeous florals, and the background you created is stunning! SO pretty! Thanks for playing with my color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely card Vicki! Your flowers and neutral leaves are SO pretty and I love the striped background too! Well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just gorgeous, Vicki ... soft, pretty and so wonderfully feminine ... the contrast of the delicate pinks with the bold black is fabulous! Great staging with la tour Eiffel too! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty! Your color choices and layout are perfect! That is such a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!