Thursday, July 6, 2017

Make It Monday #290

This is my second post for today so be sure to keep scrolling down to see the other one.  This week's Make It Monday #290 combines Stenciling with Masking to achieve a very unique look. Betsy's gorgeous card was easily achieved by using masks over the portions of her card front where she was planning to stamp as well as a stencil with a Mini Ink Blending Tool.  For my card, I chose to use the Wisteria from the Garden Gate Kit along with the sign from the kit so I cut masks for each of those things and then applied Aqua Mist Ink to my background. I would love to have the Brushstroke Stencil but it's a part of a kit that I don't have and its not available separately.  For my card, I made my own stencil from card stock and a rectangle die.

At first I had masked off the area for the sign but I didn't care for it in White, so I ended up covering it up at the end.  I cut a sign from Royal Velvet Cardstock and stamped with Versamark then heat set with Antique Gold Embossing Powder.

Once I had my ink blending done, I stamped the leaves from the Wisteria Stamps in New Leaf, the blooms in Amethyst Allure and finally the vine in Cocoa Bean. I love these Wisteria so much and had already stamped several of them previously so I popped a second layer up on foam tape and also the sign.  I really needed to add something to the left side for balance and to create that visual triangle so I also stamped one of the Hollyhock images using Amethyst Allure, Plum Pudding, and Bright Buttercup for the flower and New Leaf for the leaves. 


I cut my card front with a Stitched Rectangle Die in addition to a Winter Wisteria Cardstock Panel with a slightly larger die.  Then I attached them to a Top folding card base made from Royal Velvet Cardstock.  

This was a fun and easy technique but if I did it again, I'd definitely get out my MISTI because it took five tries to get the sign stamped correctly!  I hope you have a wonderful day.  Thank you so much for stopping by today.  

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely card Vicki! Your flowers are GORGEOUS and love the gold embossing too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love those Garden Gate flowers! Sure wish I could afford everything I like, but I have to say no to some things, like this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I also really like the way you photographed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real beauty, Vicki! Love the colors and the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!