Monday, July 17, 2017

The Color Throwdown & Fusion Challenge

I am popping in with a quick card this morning. I made this card yesterday but I didn't photograph it until this morning. The Color Throwdown #451 has these pretty colors of dark pink, light pink, green and white.  The Fusion Challenge has a great sketch this week and I wanted to try mixing a couple different patterned papers which I am not that great at doing.  I wanted to give it a shot so I selected two coordinating patterned papers and decided to incorporate the two challenges into one card by combining the key elements of color and sketch.
I started with a top folding card base made from Hibiscus Burst Card Stock. I die cut the My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle from Blueprints #15 from the pink and rose striped paper for my background layer.  Next I cut two smaller Stitched Rectangles using the second largest of the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Dies; one from a different patterned paper and one from New Leaf Cardstock.  I adhered everything using the sketch as my layout design.  I wanted something simple to bring that pop of green onto the foreground so I die cut one of the Spellbinders Romantic Leaves and then popped the sentiment on top of that.


I finished off the card with a few sparkling clear sequins from Simon Says Stamp.  The ones I have are an assortment of sizes in one package which works best for how I use them.

This is it for now.  I have a few other projects on my desk this morning to finish but I am getting dental work done this afternoon so I don't know if I'll be back today or not.  I might come back and work until the anesthesia wears off.  LOL! Have a great day everyone!  I hope you'll come back soon.

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty use of multiple patterns! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helllo there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out
    and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your
    articles. Can youu suggest any othwr blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?
    Thank yoou so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have links to other blogs in my right hand side bar but for techniques and how to's Jennifer McGuire is the best! Also Papertrey Ink blogs has weekly videos. There's lots of how to's on YouTube and many folks who share. I just don't do videos. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. It's nearly impossible to find experienced peoole in this
    particular topic, however, you sound like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also
    with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or didd youu modify itt yourself?
    Either way kesp up the nijce qualit writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The background was free with my blog but the rest of it is my design, my photographs unless otherwise noted and my content. Thank you so much for your comment.

      Delete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!