Saturday, July 8, 2017

Double D & CAS(e) This Sketch

I have a fast and easy card that is also clean and simple for the Pastel Party Challenge over at Double D Challenges this time around.  I don't often use pastels in my work but this was so simple and I love the result.  I'm also going to be linking this up to the Challenge over at CAS(e) This Sketch.


I have a nice selection of Brilliance Pearlescent Pigment Inks.  Most of them are in the little Dew Drops Style but I have a few in the larger pad size and that is what I used today.  I pulled Ink Pads in Pearlescent Coral, Pearlescent Purple and Pearlescent Jade. On a 4.25 x 5.5 panel of White Cardstock and using the SU! Work of Art Stamp Set, I stamped the "swash" 3 times, once in each color.  These inks are a fast drying pigment ink but I didn't want to take any chances that it might be wet, so I hit each of them with my heat tool for a few seconds.

After using some powder tool (my version is baby powder and a fluffy brush which feels and smells good), I stamped the saying in Versamark ink and heat embossed it using Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder.  I hit it with some Sheer Sparkle Shimmer Mist and let it dry.  The stamp is one I bought recently at Hobby Lobby during a half off sale for around $5.00.  I really like this for sending encouragement cards.


Next I die cut the panel with the MFT Blueprints 15 Stitched Rectangle Die and adhered it to a top folding landscape card base made from Stamper's Select White Cardstock and finished it off with some Nuvo Glitter Drops in "Sherbert Shimmer". Yes, I do know that the correct word is Sherbet, but the label says Sherbert. I always really like how nice these pigment inks look on white cardstock.  Dye inks can tend to look a bit muddy or grey until they dry but that isn't the case with pigment inks.

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I hope you'll come back soon and that you'll take some time to scroll through my blog and see my other projects.  I blog several times each week so there is often something new to see or read about.

8 comments:

  1. WOW this is awesome Vicki! Great design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pastels’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Vicki, A very cheerful card. Again 'Words Have Power' and both cards 6-26/7-8---can't decide which I like best. Both are winners!
    Hugs and smiles, Reva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combination of the gold emboss and the pastel colors is so pretty! Love your creative take on the sketch! Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! The shimmery inks are a gorgeous combo in the three colors you chose, and the gold embossing is outstanding. Interesting about the baby powder. Such a lovely and colorful yet simple card. Makes me crazy that they misspelled sherbet on their product. A common error and I can't help but correct it when I list my ingredients. Thank you so much for playing along in our Pastel Party at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, your card is just beautiful! I love the clean look with the white and gold and then just a splash of color. Wonderful design!!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D!
    Judy~ Double D Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely and unique take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful take on the sketch! The gold embossing and pastel brush strokes go so well together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!