Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink July 2017 Blog Hop

Hello everyone! Today is the day for the monthly Papertrey Ink Blog Hop and our inspiration photo is on the left. Since I was a little girl, I have loved stationary; note cards are particular favorites.  You can write a note to let someone know you're thinking of them or thanking them for a gift or just letting them know that they've been on your mind. I always loved having coordinating products like matching envelopes, envelope seals and what not.  That's what came into my mind when I saw this image.  The stationary of my youth was a usually a soft shade of pink or lilac and I used it to send letters to all my grandparents and great grandmother who all lived in other states for most of my growing up years. I love this soft shade of kind of blue-ish grey.  In fact, that is a favorite neutral for me although I haven't had any in a number of years.  It makes me want to go out and hunt for it.

For today's project, I used Spring Rain Cardstock and Ink from Papertrey Ink as my primary color choice. To begin my project, I stamped a background panel on Papertrey Ink Rustic White Cardstock using the Papertrey Ink Grand Finale 2017 Anniversary Stamp Set. There are coordinating dies but I did not use them for this card.  I tried several colors and combinations of ink including Soft Stone and Blueberry Sky, but in the end I felt Spring Rain was the best choice for the look I wanted. Using the Grand Finale leafy flourish, I inked it up in Spring Rain and then gently tapped around all the edges with Aqua Mist then stamped down. This gave the images the soft blue with a touch of aqua on the tips.  I stamped twice to give the flourish an "S" shape on my background panel.  I cut a few leaves in two sizes and a few of the small blooms from more of the Rustic White Card Stock using Garden Party Stamps and Garden Party Dies (designed by Dawn McVey) and then stamped them in the same two-toned style using the negative as a place holder with my MISTI. Next I cut a card base from Spring Rain Cardstock and also a stitched oval for my greeting. I stamped the greeting using one of the quotes from A Cheerful Heart, another set designed by Dawn McVey.

That card is going to be sent to someone who is dealing with a difficult health situation but always has a positive attitude and a heart full of gratitude.  I personally know how difficult that can be in the face of so much illness.


I stamped the chosen greeting in Versamark and heat embossed it using Sapphire Pearl Lustre Embossing Powder from Stampendous.  I have had it for a long time now.  I don't use it very often, but when I need it, I like having it.  I wanted my embossing to stay in the shades of blue and this was perfect.  Once I had that stamped and heat embossed, I die cut an oval from Fun Foam to put behind the cardstock oval which will help it travel through the United States Postal Service a little better.  Then I arranged the flowers and leaves around the left side of the saying.  I finished off the flowers by adding little gems to the centers rather than their stamp layer and giving a nice shimmer mist all over for a bit more fun and sparkle.


To finish off this card, I also stamped one of the flourishes in the same manner on a coordinating envelope leaving room for an address and return address.  The envelopes that were included with the Modern and Marbled Kit are a great match for the Rustic White Cardstock. Seriously, there could be 100 people using the same stamp sets and each of us would use it in a different way.  That is part of the magic of stamping for me and for most people I know who are card makers. I also love that I can personalize each card with colors and/or styles.

Be sure to go over to Nichole Heady's Blog, Capture the Moment, to see all of the cards or projects from everyone who is playing along with the challenge today.  Most of them will be cards but we also get the occasional other project such as treat boxes, or even planner items. Be sure to link up your own project before the deadline!  The supplies I've used are linked up throughout my post. Thank you so much for stopping by today.

20 comments:

  1. Wow and wow! Just gorgeous Vicki! Love the gradient color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything miss Nancy said and more! This is so very beautiful! You always make magic, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, stunning, STUNNING! What a gorgeous floral spray and one of my favorite scriptures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with all the above and say thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS Vicki!! Your card is so pretty with the gradient blues and white and the matching envelope just finishes it off perfectly! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous use of the anniversary set...just "spot on!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card for your friend - the die cutfloral spray around your Proverb stamping is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, Vicki. I love the leaves and your wonderful scripture. I like how you framed the sentiment with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grand Finale flourished nicely, Vicki! I love everything about this beauty...right down to the Pearl Lustre and coordinating envelope. Hope you don't have another friend besides Dawn facing a difficult health situation...as she meets your qualifications all too well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy - I did mail this to Dawn on Monday! It uses two of her sets so I hope she enjoys it!

      Delete
  11. Beautifully done, Vicki! Wonderful scripture card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful design - your card is so classy and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovey card! I like your sweet flower arrangement and a matching envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and I love the matching envelope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!