Saturday, January 30, 2016

My Guy's Valentine

I have had a real struggle this year deciding on a design for my husband's Valentine's Day Card.  I just started making cards this past June, so I don't have much to choose from in my card making supplies. I'm still not sure if this is "the one" or not, but I like it pretty well.  It's not too fussy or glittery which is good. Guys tend not to like shiny & sparkly things near as much as we ladies do and they tend to like really like clean, bold graphics so that is how I came up with this design. 

I started with a 4.25 x 5.5 inch panel of Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red Card Stock then cut another panel of the same size using the Harlequin Cover Plate from Papertrey Ink with black card stock and adhered it to the red card stock using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  I cut another Cover Plate using Stamper's Select White #110 Card Stock.  I popped out all the pieces of the white one and started gluing the diamonds together to create several dimensional pieces to inlay into the black and over the top of the red into selected areas.  The diamonds are three layers thick and adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte into the pattern you see on the card.  The basic design is the same as one I made a few weeks ago but done in a more masculine style. 

I think that every single time I've ever made something for my husband for Valentine's Day, it has been Deep Red, Black and White.  It's a winning combination that works every single time for him.  You'll notice that this card is also lacking my sort of "trademark" shimmer as well.  It's not called Twinkling Paper Studio for nothing, *Ü*.

I cut this Avery Elle Love Die out of Metallic Gold Foil Card Stock and the hearts are the smallest of the Little B Stitched Hearts Die Set.  Two of the hearts are popped up on 3D Foam Adhesive and one is adhered directly to the white diamonds.  The word is also adhered using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  The photo below will give you a glimpse of the dimension.  


I've had a Quilled Creations Tip on my Multi Medium Matte for a while now but unless it's a brand new bottle, I have a very difficult time squeezing it hard enough to get the adhesive out. I had ordered a new tip that is a "Fineline" style tip that has the pin that goes into the top to keep it from getting clogged.  It's from ScraPerfect and is made for the .5 oz. sized bottles like the small bottle of Multi Medium Matte. I couldn't get the old top off without pliers or the new one on. Thankfully, my hubby was home today to take care of that for me.  I'll have to let you know if this tip works out better for me.  

I really appreciate it when you stop by or take the time to leave me a comment! This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is "Love is in the Air" + Use Red, so I'll be submitting this card for that challenge.  

1 comment:

  1. Love your geometric background and your color combo: these shades work so well together!Thanks for joining us thies week on Simon Says Monday CHAllenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!