Sunday, January 31, 2016

For My Little Valentines

In my effort to make a few more Valentines to send out to my grandkids, I pulled out my Papertrey Ink Cover Plate: Deco yesterday afternoon.  I cut one black and one white.  I also cut two 4.25 x 5.5 pieces of plain white card stock and ran Tombow Mono Tape Runner all over them.  I used them simply as a means of holding everything in place while I inlaid the different pieces back and forth.

I pulled every other section of the white die cut out and replaced it with black and then used those white pieces to inlay on the black die cut.  This was an easy way to whip up two cards at the same time.  It took a little time, but honestly, not much.  Maybe 10 minutes and it's like doing a puzzle so I enjoyed it.

The sentiment is Avery Elle's Love Die. The white card has a silver foil word and the black one has a red foil word.  Both cards have Red Foil Hearts cut from Little B's Stitched Hearts Die in the smallest size.  The cutting die is separate from the stitching die so you can leave the stitching off if you want, but I like that look so I use both pieces when I cut the hearts.  The hearts were adhered with Thin 3D Foam Squares.


I really like both cards but I have to say I love the white one more.  I think I would have liked the black one better with a Silver Foil die cut word.


The Art Deco style border is such a clean graphic line that I think both men and women can appreciate it.  


Both front panels were adhered to A2 top folding 5.5 x 4.25 Papertrey Ink 110# Stamper's Select White card bases.  It took no time at all to whip these two cards up and I think this means I am done with Valentine cards.  I'll have to get my list out in a bit to double check.  

I hope you're feeling inspired to create some Valentines for the special folks in your life.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be entering these into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Elegant cards! The colors with the metallic touches add a wow factor. Thanks for playing along with us in the "Love is in the Air" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art Deco is one of my favorite looks! These are so elegant looking!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!