Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Card Concept #100 - Elegant Fall

Hello everyone! It’s time for a new Challenge at The Card Concept! Today I have a guest at The Card Concept Blog and here on my blog to celebrate our 100th Challenge! My Guest is Marybeth Lopez from Marybeth’s Time for Paper.  She has a blog post for the challenge as well, so be sure to follow the link to see more details about her project.  I have admired her work since I started making cards just over 3 years ago.  Each of the Design Team Members has a guest for this challenge so there are double the stops along the hop!

You know that if the challenge has the word "Elegant" in it, that I am going to find a way to add some gold and probably some shimmer or shine as well.


Here is Marybeth's Gorgeous Card!  I was super happy when she said yes to being my guest.


For this card, I used the Gina K Designs Autumn Wreath Builder Stamps with primarily Papertrey Ink cubes.  For the heat embossing, I used Versamark with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder.  Initially, I stamped the tall leafy sprig in Kraft Ink, but once I was finished, I decided to do it again only with Antique Gold heat embossing.  I used Pure Poppy and Berry Sorbet for the red and orange leaves, and ripe avocado for the green leaves.

Then to tie all the elements together, I also heat embossed the word grateful across the banner (from Paper Clippings: Birthday) using the Papertrey Ink Never Enough Thanks Stamp Set.  I popped that up on two layers of foam tape.  Next, I decided to use the same ink colors on some watercolor paper to do a bit of ink blending.  I used the MFT Falling Leaves die to cut the larger leaves for a leaf bouquet.  Once I had the card assembled, I added a few embellishments with Nuvo Drops in Autumn Berry and Gold.

For my card, I used the Gina K Designs Wreath Builder in the rectangle orientation.  If you haven't seen how this is done, I have a step by step photo tutorial from a previous post here.

I just love all of the many options the wreath builder provides and I love using mine to its maximum potential.  I've done several posts lately for many different styles of cards including Christmas and Thanksgiving or fall themed cards.  Just scroll through recent posts and you will see many of them.  

This will actually be my last post as a Design Team member for The Card Concept.  I've enjoyed my time here very much, but I am spending much more time with my daughter and grandkids which was the purpose of us moving back to Texas, so I want to be able to do my cards without having to meet a deadline.  It is important to me that my word means something, so I decided to leave the Design Team rather than saying I could do it and not being able to meet a deadline.  I plan to continue playing along with the challenges as often as possible, I just won't be posting as a DT Member.

Tangii's Guest Designer - Amy Tsuruta
Vicki Finger (You are Here)
Vicki's Guest Designer - Marybeth Lopez
Michele's Guest Designer - Jeanne Jachna
Kim's Guest Designer - Danielle Vincent
Nancy's Guest Designer - Marcia Hill
Maureen's Guest Designer - Cheryl Scrivens
Susan's Guest Designer - Nanette Tracy
Angel's Guest Designer - Brianna Loeffelbein
Mackie's Guest Designer - Debbie Marcinkiewicz
Marcie's Guest Designer - Shona Chambers
Pam's Guest Designer - Brynn Thornburgh

I hope you all enjoy the many extra guests with their beautiful projects.  Thank you so much for stopping by to spend time with me today and don't forget to hop along.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Vicki, I just LOVE what you have done with these bright pink leaves! It's a beautiful take on this challenge! I'm so glad you could be a part of The Card Concept big 100 this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!