I started by die cutting a few of each of the die cuts from Spruce & Sprig Stamp Set and Spruce & Sprigs Coordinating Dies. I used a negative as my place holder in my Mini Misti and stamped the die cuts in this way. I prepared 2-3 of each piece as this makes it easy when you start assembling your arrangement. I used Pine Feather for the dark green, Scarlet Jewel for the dark red berries and Autumn Rose for the rose colored springs. This makes me think of when you do a planter and you need Pillars, Fillers and Spillers. It's kind of the same philosophy.
I die cut a banner using the Number the Stars Banner Die, then stamped my sentiment from Beautiful Berries: Winter on the banner using Versamark and heat embossed it with Antique Gold Embossing Powder.
I die cut a stitched rectangle panel from Scarlet Jewel Bitty Big in the wide stripes and attached it to my top folding card base made from Stamper's Select White Cardstock. If you haven't seen the new Bitty Big Patterned Papers from Papertrey Ink, they are awesome. There are stripes, plaids and polka dots. There is a wide stripe on one side of the paper and a narrower stripe on the opposite side so you can use whichever side you want. It's the same with the plaids and polka dots, so you just use whichever side you want. So far, 9 of the Papertrey Colors have been released, but each month a few more get released. I'm ready for some pink ones - Hibiscus Burst for instance. The Spring Rain is just the most awesome color. In fact, I think I might take it to do a color match for paint for my studio in the home we are building although I have already selected a similar color.
Next I die cut Rustic Wreath 3 times from Ocean Tides Cardstock. Rather than stacking them one on top of the other, I staggered them to make my wreath appear fuller. I put about 6 dots of Ranger Multi Medium Matte on the back side of each one and let them dry for a couple of minutes before moving on.
I adhered the striped paper to the card base and then using 1/8" Scor-Tape, stuck about 4 pieces on the back of my wreath layers to adhere it to the card front. Using another skinny piece of Scor-Tape, I attached the gold thread on top of that at the left side.
I created the arrangement by using a combination of Scor-Tape, Kokuyo Dot Liner Adhesive, and Ranger Multi Medium Matte. In the 2nd photo you can really see all the different layers. The only part that I used foam tape for is the big cluster of berries. The rest of the layers are laid on top of or tucked under the other parts. Even the banner is just stuck down with Kokuyo Adhesive. It looks dimensional because it's laying on top of more layers.
In my attempt to really use ribbon and twine (albeit elevated quality twine) I made a small bow from some white sheer ribbon that has a gold accent thread. Once I got the card finished and photographed, I decided it need a little something more so I added a few sequins from Lucy's Rose Gold Shaker Selection. It even has those tiny stars in the mix like the one I added to the banner.
I am also linking this up to the challenge over at The Paper Players. They have a Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week and I used the center row across: Christmas, Die Cut, and Wreath.