Tuesday, November 1, 2016

That's a Wrap!

This week for the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #266, Lexi Daly showed us how to make our own wrapping paper from stamping supplies that we already have on hand.  I never even thought about doing that but I just downloaded the templates that Lexi had ready for us and gave it a try.  You can see her video here.

For my wrapping paper, I cut a piece of freezer paper to be 8.5 x 11 inches to fit over the diagonal template and to make it easy to see through.  Cardstock would be super difficult to wrap with, so freezer paper was an ideal solution.

For my paper, I used three of the sentiments from Betsy Veldman's Inspired Series - Inspired: Hope, Inspired: Jesus, and Inspired: Grace. Each of these stamp sets is a $5.00 set and similar in font size and proportion to each other.  I think it worked great for my wrapping paper.  For the colors I used Scarlet Jewel, Dark Indigo and Pine Feather.


I don't have anything to wrap up at this point in time, so I thought I'd make mine into an envelope for a 5 x 7 card.  I did make one mistake when stamping, but I was able to hide that when I converted the paper to an envelope.  It's really easy to make your own envelopes with a Scor-Pal and some Scor-Tape or any type of double sided adhesive.


I'd love to hear your thoughts on my Wrapping Paper turned Envelope and I can't wait to see what stamp sets others have used to create their wrapping paper.

12 comments:

  1. Great choice of words for your paper. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet this is! I love making home made envelopes as well. I always have a stash of them on hand when needed. Your photo's are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely paper to make your envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so smart to use freezer paper! When I do a make over I will do the same . Love how beautiful this turned out ,Vicki! Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty wrapping paper! i love that you created an envelope out of it!! thanks for playing make it monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choice of colors & words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great sets to use for your wrapping paper Vicki, and I love the colors too! Going to have to remember this one!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very clever to turn it into an envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful envelope! And beautiful photographing too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heavenly, Vicki! I thought of using freezer paper, too, but didn't have a lot of time to play. Happy to know it worked well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!