Saturday, November 19, 2016

Simon Says.... Christmas Critters!

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for this week is Christmas Critters.  While I don't have any critters specifically for Christmas I do have this set of Winter Pals and that's probably close enough for this challenge.  I worked some snowy hills into my card along with a snowy night sky which I hope conveys that feeling of Winter/Christmas where I live. The design of this card is very similar to one I did earlier this week while still being a bit different.

I started with a panel of medium blue cardstock and did ink blending using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and a Mini Round Ink Blending Tool.  I used a lot more ink at the top of the panel than at the bottom although I'm not sure you can see the difference in the end.  After that I added some "snow" by making spatter with Heidi Swap Color Shine Spray in White.


I stamped the critters, sled and tree from Wplus9 Studios' Winter Pals Stamp Set in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink onto Stamper's Select White Cardstock from Papertrey Ink, then colored in the penguin, sled and tree using all Cool Grey Markers (C1, C3, C5).  For the little girl bear, I used Warm Grey Copics (W1, W3, W5).  I used B000 and BG05 (Holiday Blue) for the ear muffs on the penguin plus a couple of pinks for the little hood on the bear.  After I was finished coloring them, I die cut them with the Winter Pals Coordinating Dies. I cut three of the largest sized oval from the MFT Stitched Ovals Die and glued them together for a thicker frame.  From the leftover positive piece from the inside of the ovals, I cut those using the Landscape Trio Dies from Mama Elephant and spritzed them with Tsukineko Sheer Sparkle Shimmer Spritz to make them look snowy so I could use them for hills. I also used Clear Wink of Stella Shimmer Pen on everything else.  I assembled everything onto the blue panels and then adhered that panel to a White Top Folding Card Base made from Stamper's Select White.  The banner was die cut using the banner die from Be Merry Stamp and Die Sets.

I love this style for my grandkids or for friends, like my hairdresser, who have young children at home.  In fact, she has a not quite 4 month old at home so her littles always love critters.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and that you'll come back soon to see my next project.  Don't forget to subscribe or follow me on Facebook and Instagram, although I update Instagram much more often than my Facebook Page.  I guess because Instagram is a bit more interactive I tend to go there much more often. Have a great day everyone!  We have a beautiful fall day on tap here.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Such sweet images and great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!