Sunday, August 28, 2016

Color Throwdown #407

Hey everybody!  I have a quick (hopefully) post today for the Color Throwdown Challenge #407, in the colors Teal, Lime Green and Yellow. What a bright summery combination this is for the challenge.

Once again, I fell in love with Wanda Guess's project this week as the Guest Designer for August over at The Color Throwdown, so I wanted to make something in similar colors. I started by stamping this Pen Pattern Butterfly from Stampendous onto a piece of Canson Bristol Watercolor Paper and heat embossed it using Ranger Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder.   There are coordinating dies for this set but I didn't use them today.  They are really nice and cut right up to the edge without leaving a white border.

I am currently stocking up on my glittered embossing powders (Ranger Gold Tinsel, WOW! Platinum Sparkle and WOW! Neutral Ultra Shimmer) because last year I waited too long before ordering and everything was out of stock when I wanted to make my Christmas Cards. I'm also making sure that I have plenty of Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder because that is my favorite warm gold embossing powder.  I also really like the Simon Says Stamp Gold Embossing Powder but I tend to use the warmer tone more often.  I heat emboss on pretty much every single card I make! It is my favorite technique after stamping, of course.

For my color palette I used Persian Green (Teal) and May Green in Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers with some Papertrey Bright Buttercup Ink smooshed onto an acrylic block and a waterbrush.  I love how Wanda has watercolored her paper and then cut her butterfly out of it and I think the butterfly I am using is actually large enough to do that with.  For some interest in the background, I used the mask that comes with the stamp set to protect my watercolored image and used a stencil brush to put a very soft layer of Aqua Mist Ink over the background.  I left the mask on and then created some spatter with a #4 Silver Black Velvet Round Brush by mixing a drop of Tropical Teal Reinker and a few drops of water then tapping the brush (really, it was more like whacking) against the handle of another brush. Once that dried, I created some additional spatter using my Finetec Gold Metallic Paint in Tibet Gold.  Can you tell I like spatter?  LOL! Once everything was dry, I cut the panel with the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles dies.


I cut a panel of Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue Cardstock for a narrow mat around the main panel and mounted everything on top of a Top Folding 5.5 x 4.25 inch top folding note card made from Papertrey Ink Kraft Cardstock using my ATG.

I stamped the greeting from the Papertrey Ink "Scripted" Stamp Set onto the "Number the Stars Banner" die cut.  I also cut one from coaster board for the extra thickness and for the finishing touch I added some Gold Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

Thanks so much for stopping by to look at my project and double thanks if you take the time to comment! I have so many projects on my dersk right now so I will be back very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!