Tuesday, February 9, 2016

One Last Valentine

There is so much fun going on over at Papertrey Ink again today as they continue with the reveal of the 9th Anniversary Products that will go live for ordering at 10:00 p.m. Eastern on February 15th.  The challenge I'm creating for today is "Create Along With Us".  We're supposed to pick something from one of the design team members as our inspiration and make our own project. I chose Erin Lincoln who designed two new Cover Plate Dies: Scroll Frame and Pretty Frame.

There are so many gorgeous things coming on the 15th.  I love Peonies and there is a new stamp set with coordinating dies called Peonies on Parade that is just beautiful.  I can hardly wait!  There are also pre-stamped coloring images available for either watercolor or Copic markers if that is what you'd like to do.  You can choose which paper you like; watercolor paper or Stamper's Select White for your Copics.  Be sure to check out Nichole's Blog for a sneak peek.

Obviously I can't get these new dies yet, but I could use a different Papertrey Ink Cover Plate. I chose Cover Plate: Deco for this card. 

I have really struggled to make a Valentine's Day Card for my husband this year. I've felt like everything I've made has been too feminine but I'm pretty happy with the card I designed today.  I love die cut inlay but sometimes it can be a challenge for me to find something that isn't too tedious to work with. I find this one pretty easy and the more you do it the easier it gets. I could have kept this card completely clean and simple but since I am not mailing it, I went with a tiny bit of dimension. 

A few days ago, I had cut one die from Gray Card Stock (SU's Smoky Slate) and one Stamper's Select White and interchanged the pieces on each other to create these background panels. I've already used the other one in a card but I had this one left.  I like the really clean graphics of today's card for my husband. It's nice without being too frilly or girlie looking.  While the background is very soft and muted, I wanted a pop of color for the actual focal area of the card. Using the Papertrey Ink Boutique Borders: Love Stamp Set I stamped my main sentiment on the largest heart cut from a scrap of SU! Cherry Cobbler Card Stock and heat embossed it using WOW! Platinum Sparkle Embossing Powder.  I cut all of the hearts using the Little B Stitched Hearts Designer Die Set.  

On the small hearts I stamped the solid hearts using WPLUS9's Little Bits Stamp Set which has a variety of sizes of hearts and stars in it.  It's a handy little set to have for accents on any kind of card you might be making.  My final touch was to stamp and heat emboss the little flourish from the PTI Holiday Photo Finishers Stamp Set using the same WOW! Platinum Sparkle Embossing Powder as the rest of the card. Then I assembled it all onto an A2 Smoky Slate Top Folding Card Base using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  I trimmed about 1/8th of an inch all the way around the background panel so that it would show the gray card base. The two smaller hearts are popped up on foam squares for a bit of dimension.  


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I love comments if you'd care to leave one.  Have a great afternoon and I'll see you soon!  

2 comments:

  1. hello there... i love leaving comments:) just for the anyhow... and you do have wonderful work! i am signed up to your posts today thru feedly;) take care and have a lovely day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot! Your red hearts and gold embossing really stand out with the gray and white frame. It's is a very handsome background, especially with the gray border you added. Now I'll be adding the deco cover plate to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!