Build-A-Flower is a monthly feature from Altenew where they release a Stamp and Die Combination that is only available as a set. This started back in March and "Rose" is the 7th in a series. Altenew is known for their layering sets and this one is just incredible! It was also incredibly easy to to line each layer as well although I am not sure I am stamping the final small layer where I am supposed to. However, I don't think anyone will notice.
To get the hang of the layering and choose my colors, I cut a few blooms and leaves to stamp on using the negative as a place holder in my MISTI. My final selections were Altenew Inks in the Rose Petal, Cherry Blossom and Green Fields Collections of inks. Since there are so many layers, it worked very well to use the families of ink that Altenew has. The colors I specifically used are Rose Quartz, Pink Diamond, Puffy Heart, Rubellite, Purple Wine, and Razzzleberry for the bloom and Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Evergreen for the leaves.
Once I had everything stamped, I got the rest of my card pieces ready to go. I die cut a sheet of shimmer card stock from a 4.5 x 6.5 Die Cuts With A View Shimmer Mat Stack that I picked up in Dallas. It has 9 colors with 8 sheets of each in what I would consider to be more "fall" colors. I first die cut it with the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die and then dry embossed it with a "Tiffany" Cuttlebug Folder. I'm trying to remember to use my embossing folders more often for the added texture. The striped paper came from a DCWV Mat Stack called Dear Jane.
I also cut a background frame of Gold Metallic to go under the Avocado panel so that just a little bit of the edge would show on my card. I actually started making this card for The Paper Players Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge but in the end, I couldn't compromise my design just to fit in with a sketch. I try to do that a lot of times, but I'm not very happy with my end result when I do that, so I stuck with my design, but I'm still going to post it at The Paper Players Challenge. I used Scotch Foam Tape to adhere all of my leaves and the rose to my card. I die cut the word "Shine" from the same metallic gold cardstock but I used a Crystal for the dot on the "i" to give it a fun little twist.