Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Papertrey Ink August 2017 Create Along With Us

I am here today with a card I made for this month's Create Along With Us at Papertrey Ink.  I was inspired by Nichole's card using Beautiful Berries Autumn set pictured here. Nichole stamped her sentiment and berries directly onto a panel of Vintage Cream Cardstock.  It's hard to choose a single project each month to create because there are so many great ones.

I love the color of Autumn Rose Cardstock and Ink from Papertrey so I wanted to try to create a similar feeling card. Since the new products were just released last night, I don't have the Autumn Berries but I decided to use Beautiful Berries: Spring for my card. Betsy Veldman designed all of the stamps in the Beautiful Berries series and I can hardly wait to see the Winter version that will be coming in a few months.  

I started by die cutting two of the largest berry filled branches from white cardstock and then used the die cut negative as my placeholder in my Mini MISTI while I stamped the various layers.  I used Ripe Avocado for the first layer of foliage followed by New Leaf.  Prairie Grass would have been a better color but I actually just ordered that and I don't have it yet.  I tried Olive Twist but that wasn't right either so I stuck with New Leaf.  I'm looking forward to the addition of Prairie Grass to my Ink Cube Collection.


I used Autumn Rose for my top folding card base and my berries and accented with Scarlet Jewel. The Cover Plate: Stitched made the perfect backdrop for my berries and my sentiment.  I adhered the sentiment directly to the card base with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and popped the branches up on Thin 3D Foam Squares and that completed my card.  I looked at adding some Nuvo Drops or Liquid Pearls as Nichole did, but I felt the background was already busy enough with the stitching detail.

I buy ink cubes with a refill because they are more economical, easier for me to use than large ink pads and I really like that I have a choice when it comes to inks.  Because I've only invested in cubes at this point, I am able to have a wide variety of colors in a few different brands.  There are so many ink choices out there!  I had to just choose a couple of brands and stick with my decision. My one exception to size is the Distress Oxide Inks and only because they aren't making them in cubes. It has something to do with the stability of the ink formulation on such a small surface, but since its the only option, I'm glad they are only introducing the colors 12 at a time.

I am still swamped with work for my class and I have a few more weeks of instruction. Then I have to finish all the homework and take the final exam. I hope my crazy schedule gets back to normal by then. Right now I barely have time to think let alone make a card and write a blog post.  I miss doing the various challenges so I took some time today to participate in this one. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you'll come back soon!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely card Vicki! The colors are so pretty and just love your background! Beautifully done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marcia! You're a doll to keep hanging in here with me while I try to get through this class I am taking. I'm burning some midnight oil here to get a card done for the the Stamp Ink Paper Blog, but I'm struggling to stay awake so I don't know if I'm going to make it today.

      Delete
  2. Lovely take on Nichole's card, Vicki. And love your choice of the stitched cover plate to showcase your berries. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the detail you have on your white panel. Really nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous take of Nichols beautiful card, Vicki! Love the pretty sprigs you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!