Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Papertrey Ink June 2017 Create Along With Us

Each month during Papertrey Ink's release week, we are invited to create a project of our own that is inspired by one of the projects we've seen during the release previews. On the 10th through the 14th of each month, we get lots of previews of the projects and on the 15th we get a full release reveal.  There's lots of anticipation going into it and at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the 15th, these items become available for purchase in the Papertrey Store.

There have been lots of projects from Nichole and the Design Team that have inspired me already this month including this one on the left from Heather Nichols and the one on the right from Keeway Tsao.  I wish they would let us enter more than one project as I already have one in each style completed and it's hard to pick only one favorite.  But I selected Keeway's project which features the new Year of Psalms - June.  For my card, I used the Quoted - Start Again Stamp Set.

To begin my card, I started with a 4.25 x 5.5 inch rectangle of Stamper's Select White and using one of the Modern Background Stencils, I added Hawaiian Shores Ink to that panel with a stencil brush.  Then I die cut the panel with a large stitched rectangle die and mounted it to a top folding white card base made from Stamper's Select White.

Next I cut the mat from Mix and Mat Scallops out of watercolor paper and watercolored the two stripes using Hawaiian Shores and Vintage Jadeite Inks. Once that panel was dry, I used my Mini MISTI to stamp the quote in Versamark and heat set it with Antique Gold Embossing Powder.


I popped up the front panel on a piece of fun foam cut to slightly smaller than the stitched rectangle of the panel.  That finishes off my card for this month's Create Along With Us Challenge.  Be sure to stop over and see all of the beautiful creations at Nichole Heady's Blog.

I'm also going to be entering this card in the challenge at Word Art Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. so beautiful! I know about making more than one card! there is so much inspiration during release week. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I want to try this one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with each and every inspired card this release. And a big thank you for inspiring me more with your gorgeous case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky
    Oh wow! I seem to have forgotten about heat embossing - how beautiful! Thanks for reminding me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS card Vicki!! Love the gold embossing for your sentiment and just lovely against the stenciled and colorful background! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Card is really beautiful! Your detailing and layer are awesome. Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!