Sunday, April 3, 2016

Happy Wishes

My favorite kind of card to send is a card for no particular reason at all.  Those are the nicest to receive in my book and they let the recipient know that you have been thinking of them.

I've been experimenting a little bit with a stamp set that I got recently called Happy Wishes from WPLUS Design Studios.  It's another great set designed by Dawn Woleslagle but it's a bit different from other sets I have because of the amount of white space left after the images are die cut.  

I'm still in a learning environment as I try new techniques figuring out what does and does not work for me. With images that have this much white space, the MISTI is the perfect tool if you have one.  I would actually really like to have a Mini MISTI at some point in time because of how much desk space the regular size takes, but I'll happily deal with it for the time being.  The biggest bonus for me has to be the fact that I can stamp the image again if I didn't get it inked up correctly the first time or that I can double stamp to get a more vibrant and intense color like I did on today's card.  

I made this card with a couple of challenges in mind.  Over at Color Q #335, they have a 5-color palette using Calypso Coral, Only Orange (Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink), Cool Caribbean (Creative Memories Sea Glass cut with a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die) and Bermuda Bay with White. Then on the Color Throwdown Challenge #386, they are using Lime Green, Teal and White.  I used the closest to lime color I have which is Vintage Jadeite with Tropical Teal, both from Papertrey Ink.  I must say, I am really enjoying my ink cubes, especially using them with the MISTI since I am taking the ink to the stamp in those cases rather than the stamp to the ink.  Their one inch size makes them ideal for handling and their less expensive price point means I can try more colors than I could if they were full sized pads.  If you catch them on sale with free shipping like I did, well that is my idea of magic! 

The ideal way to stamp these images is to die cut from white card stock (I'm using Stamper's Select White 110# Cardstock from Papertrey Ink) then use the negative as a place holder to stamp the images.  Remember, they don't have to be perfect.   

  
This isn't a color scheme that I would normally choose, but one of the reasons I participate in challenges is to stretch myself out of my comfort zone and try new techniques or color combinations.  These particular colors make for a bright and cheerful card.  

I'll also be entering this card over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog for the "Anything Goes" theme.  

I thank you all so much for stopping by and taking time to comment.  Those comments just make my day!  Have a great rest of the weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love the flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and colourful. Thank you so much for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!