Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Card Concept #51

Today I am playing over at The Card Concept Challenge #51.  I love pink so you can see why this image inspired me.  Not that I ever really need a reason to do pink...*Ü*.  I love the Easter Eggs in the inspiration image as well as the bright pop of pink.  I'm also thinking I need to do another card for this challenge utilizing Kraft Cardstock.

I started by cutting some of the flowers and leaves (which is a QK Revolution die) from Stamper's Select White and some watercolor paper.  I wanted to create multi-layered flowers with different colors for each layer. I inked up the ones that had been done on watercolor paper using a Mini Ink Blending Tool and Melon Mambo Ink.  I knew it had to be a pretty vibrant pink or it would get lost on the pink and gold diagonal striped paper.  The color blended more or less depending on how much shimmer mist I added after inking it up.  I used the lighter color layers for the top followed by a dark pink flower, then the white outline and the pink outline for the bottom layer. The leaves were inked up using Papertrey Ink Vintage Jadeite and misted as well. The mist I used is Iridescent Gold from Tattered Angels.  I don't think they make this anymore but there are other shimmer mists out there.  Another favorite is Tsukineko's Shimmer Spritzes.


I added a bit of bling to the centers of the flowers with some sparkly bling dots that I had on hand.  These dots have their own adhesive dot on the back, but I attach them with Ranger Multi Medium Matte for the super strong hold.  The "Hello" greeting is Papertrey Ink's Noted Die.  I cut a 4.25 x 5.5 inch panel from the pink and gold foiled paper and attached it to a Stamper's Select White A2 top folding card base using Scortape. It's important not to mess up your alignment because Scortape is so strong, you cannot reposition it.

Overall, this was pretty quick to put together and it packs a lot of springtime punch guaranteed to make the recipient smile. Thank you so much for stopping by today to check out my project!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and the shiny sentiment really makes this card special! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gold and pink background is truly striking! & Those flowers are oh so pretty and springy!!
    Lovely!!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful foiling! Love the floral layers. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!