Sunday, December 13, 2015


I'm working on a requested project right now that has had a few challenges but has mostly just been fun.  A couple of ladies I know are in a Sorority and they have Secret Sisters in this group. I looked everywhere I could think of to find some kind of stamp set for Secret Sisters with no luck at all.  I've done a Secret Sister thing through my job in the past and I know how difficult it is to find anything for that specific purpose.  Finally, I had a custom stamp made that has "Secret Sisters" in a nice font so that I can pair it with other stamps and dies to make some customized cards.

I made a trip into town yesterday to pick up a pad of my favorite watercolor paper which is the Canson XL Bristol 96# paper.  I buy it in a 9 x 14 pad and cut my own panels out of each sheet. That is the most ecomomical way to be able to use it since I am getting 6-8 panels out of each sheet.  It costs about $.36 for each sheet when you use a 40% off coupon and then I get a minimum of 6 panels out of it making them just $.06 each. While I was in there, I noticed that they had all of the Paper Studio line (Hobby Lobby's own brand) at 50% off so I went in search of a paper pad that I saw a few weeks ago, but thought I would wait for a sale to purchase.

Yay - they still had some left.  This foiled paper is a great buy at $10.00 and there are 80 sheets in this 8.5 x 11 pad -- 5 different designs in 8 different colors and two sheets of each one.  I can get lots of front panels out of this stack! The only color I feel is missing is Red.  The little foiled hearts on a red background would have been so great for valentines, but I just used Pink instead.  These cards are for women, afterall.

I cut my background panels in the pink heart foiled paper using a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die in the largest size.  Next I cut the Love Text Block from Gold Foil Card Stock out of my scraps.  That die came from Paper Trey Ink.  I didn't want the die to compete with the background panel, so I cut a vellum panel to put behind it.  The die is slightly larger than 2.75 x 3.75 inches so it was easy to cut the right size vellum panel for it.

The inside sentiment is  a combination of stamps from Winnie & Walter's The Big, The Bold & The Happy Stamp Set along with the custom Secret Sister stamp that I had made.

On all of the cards I have made for this project, some include the Secret Sister stamp on the inside and some on the front.  Just wherever I feel it looks the best. I'm very happy with how these cards have worked out.  I have a few more to do for this series so I will be back soon with another project to share with you. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!