Friday, December 27, 2019

Memory Box Valentine's Card ft. Heart Bouquet 3-D Embossing Folder

Good Morning!  Vicki here with you today!  It's my turn up on the Memory Box Blog, "Outside The Box" today.  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday yesterday!  Christmas Eve and the weekend before are our big days to celebrate, so I spent a quiet day at home yesterday with my husband and our doggies.


In the new Memory Box Valentine's Release, there is a gorgeous Embossing Folder called Heart Bouquet.  This is a 3-D Embossing Folder and it is so beautiful that I confess I had a hard time putting anything over it to create a card.  There are so many ways to use embossing folders, but I wanted something that would enhance it, rather than cover it up.



To start, I misted the back of a 4.25 x 5-inch Panel of Sweet Blush Cardstock with plain water on the back side.  I use a bottle that sprays a very fine mist.  This allows the paper to stretch and give a little bit and gives the crispest impression.

Next, I die cut the outline of the Scribble Rose Trio from Gold Foiled Cardstock and the solid images from Pale Peony Cardstock.  I attached the outline to the back piece with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  I have a ScraPerfect fine line tip for this purpose.


I die cut the Love Airy Script from Gold Foil as well and laid it across my heart while adding the roses to the lower-left area.  This card was super simple to make!  I can't wait to have time to play with this folder more and I have a specific technique in mind to try with it.  I'm traveling for the first few weeks of January so it will be a few weeks before I know if my technique worked or not.  How's that for a little teaser?  I hope you won't mind waiting too much and will look forward to my next post!  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I really appreciate it when you take the time to spend with me here.


1 comment:

  1. The embossing folder design is just exquisite, perfectly paired with the delicate roses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!