Friday, October 27, 2017

Tic Tac Toe Challenge #21

I have a card for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #21 today using the diagonal line of die cut, FREE and Oval.  Last year for my birthday, my husband got me a Minc Machine and with it came some Project Life types of cards that had been printed with toner so they can accept foil. If I had a printer at home that used toner, I could print my own.  Alas, I have an inkjet printer. I really struggle with trying to find a way to use these items because they are bigger than an A2 Card and if you trim, you start losing the foiled design and they just look funky.  So when I get to use one, it's kind of a big deal to me. Add to that a stand alone die I found at Hobby Lobby the other day and I have a great card for an upcoming event in our lives.

I found a Momenta Die (I have a few others and I really like them) that is a floral bouquet and with the coupon, was $7.80! I think I'll be able to use this die quite a bit, especially when I need something quick for a card.  I can see a wide variety of occasions that I can use this die for.  I also had one of the Project Life Cards that it would look great with so I went ahead and decided that for once, I would make the card fit the foiled element. My foiled panel was 4.5 x 6.5 with rounded corners so I made a card base to match that and then using a corner rounder chomped off each of the corners. I have a regular corner rounded which isn't the best to do this with, but I did get it this time.  Papertrey Ink Stampers Select White Cardstock is so thick, it was hard to cut the corners off, but I did manage to finally get it done.  I think I might have to invest in a Corner Chomper at some future time but the only other time I round corners is when I am making a custom envelope (which I did here today).  And the corner chomper is an expensive tool for no more often than I use it so I'm sticking with the one I have for now.

Since I had already run the Project Life piece through my Minc Machine with Gold Foil from Thermoweb, I die cut the floral bouquet to go with it from Gold Metallic Cardstock. Simon Says Stamp carries a complete line of decofoil from  Heidi Swapp and Thermoweb. As you can see, it fit right onto the oval frame of that panel.  The only other thing I had to do was to stamp a sentiment onto Stamper's Select Vellum that I had cut from a vertical stitched rectangle which is part of a die set from My Favorite Things.  The greeting is from the Give Thanks Stamp Set and was stamped in Versamark and Heat Embossed with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder.  Then I stretched that across the floral die cut and attached it with Kokuyo Dot Runner behind the words and a skinny little line of that hidden under the stitching on each end.


This card came out looking so luxurious and because it was a special size, I use a piece of Gold Shimmer Vellum to make the envelope.  I also ran the flap through my die cut machine to make a fancy little embossed design on there. That just gave this card another special touch.  My finished card is 6.5 wide by 4.5 tall.  I did have a little bit of trouble getting the gold foiling to show up on the card.  In the photos it looks black, but I can assure you, there is no black on this card.  You can see the gold on the right hand side corners and that little stitch line that goes around the oval is all gold as well.

While I enjoy learning and using techniques, sometimes I just want something that is simple and easy to complete. In fact, that is what won me over to card making  in the beginning two years ago; it was something I could complete in hours rather than the months it took for scrapbooking.  Card making is much more instant gratification.

Thanks you so much for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed my quick and easy card and that you'll come back another day. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card! I love the gold against the aqua. Thank you for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Tic, Tac, Toe, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, this is so beautiful! I love all the gold! You got into cardmaking for the same reason I did...you can make something beautiful in a short amount of time! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!