Monday, April 17, 2017

Fusion Card Challenge

We have a fun inspiration image to work with this session over at the Fusion Card Challenge.  Most of the time I am far more inspired by the photograph than I am by the sketch and much more so this week although I did a pretty good job of combining the two.  I just love this cascading bouquet coming out of the classic pick up truck and I wanted to try to portray that feeling in my card.

To accomplish this, I used Papertrey Ink's Fresh Bouquet Stamp Set and Fresh Bouquet Coordinating Die.  I cut several of the bouquets from Stamper's Select White Cardstock and heat embossed the outline image using some Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder.  I do this using by using the negative as a placeholder in my Mini MISTI.  Then I did all the stamping using my Brilliance Pigment Inks in Pearlescent Orchid, Pearlescent Purple, Pearlescent Thyme and Pearlescent Coral. I have most of these colors in the little dew drop sized ink pads although there are a few colors that don't come in the smaller size yet, like the Coral.  One of the really nice things about pigment inks is that one stamping is typically enough ink for a very good, even coverage.  But because I used the MISTI, I can fix it if I didn't get it the first time.

Just like in the photograph, I wanted the focus to be on the bouquet, so I used the pearly inks there rather than adding the shimmer to some other part of the card. I really liked the somewhat sedate color of the pick up and the bright pop of color against it, so again, I tried to mimic that in my card by using a background panel of Ocean Tides Cardstock.  The striped print of the center panel is a piece of cardstock from the Make It Market Don't Forget to Write Kit.


The sentiment is from Altenew's Beautiful Day and is one of my favorites.  You can use it for a special day such as a wedding day or just to wish someone a nice day for no special reason at all. Those are my favorites to send out.

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!  I'll be back soon with another card for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!