Even though I have all the Stampin' Up! ink colors that were available when I bought mine a few years back, I loved the Audrey Blue Card Stock that I bought to make my grandson's wedding card so much that I gave in and bought this ink pad and a few others of the Simon Says Stamp Ink collection this past week. So far I have not been disappointed. I find these ink pads to be very "juicy" and easy to use for Ink Blending.
The technique I am using today is called "Pearlized Blending". I'm participating in a challenge over at Papertrey, Ink Blog where I learned this technique. I'll also enter this over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for "Anything Goes". I still have a number of Christmas Cards to make and I'm pretty sure this one will get made several times and in several colors.
I started by cutting a 4.25 x 5.5 mask from some pretty heavy chipboard that came out of a package of paper. I lined up my ornament die in this mask and cut that shape out. I used Post-It Tape to cover my white cardstock panel with the mask. Using a stamp from the Baroque Motifs Stamp set by SU!, I stamped part of that image as a design on my ornament. I heat set that using a White Pearl Embossing Powder from WOW!.
Next I used a Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending Tool with my Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue Ink and worked the color into the ornament shaped opening of the mask. Once I had the color on, I went over that with some Versamark using a sponge dauber. Using a soft paint brush, I took my Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder and dusted the image with that. After Brushing off the excess, I polished up the ornament with a clean dry paper towel. This left a beautiful shimmer on my ornament. I looped some sheer narrow ribbon through the top piece of my ornament to make it appear to be hanging.
I cut the sentiment in silver foil card stock using a scrap from a set of dies that I bought last winter from Papertrey, Ink. Then I assembled my card. The background panel is cut from Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue Card Stock using the Stitched Rectangles Die. The paper was treat with some Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds Spray before I cut it. This is another of Simon's great 100# solid color card stocks. Next I cut the ornament panel with the next size down of the Stitched Rectangle Dies. I adhered those two pieces then pulled the ends of the ribbon over the top of the background panel and attached them with a glue dot on the back since it wouldn't show once I assembled my card.