So after I had all of my pieces cut, I sat down to assemble the poppies. This is where I ran into a little bit of trouble. No sooner would I get one petal adhered and move on to the next one than the first one would come undone. So I solved this problem by taking one of my punches out of the drawer. The one I chose just happened to be a 7/8ths inch circle, but any similar size or shape would have worked. I then started assembling my petals on top of the circle. This gave the pieces something to stick to that wasn't also trying to be placed in the correct position. It's basically a foundation piece. It doesn't show, but it's important to the structure of the flower.
It looks like this from the back side:
It was a pretty easy fix to be able to build my flowers without the petals getting moved out of place. I assembled 4 of these in a matter of minutes for the cards I was making using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
I used a We R Memory Keepers Next Level Gemstone Embossing Folder for the pink paper prior to cutting it with a Scalloped & Stitched Rectangle from the WPLUS9 Sunshine Layers Die for the base panel of the card. It is hard to capture the true 3D look of these particular embossing folders, but they are just fantastic!
I cut the "Happy" from this Mama Elephant die cut and the "Birthday" from this one. This is by far my favorite font out there and Mama Elephant has several words available in this particular font. I have a group of dies that I keep out all the time because they are my most used and these two are certainly in this group. I've done other cards using the "Friend" die also by Mama Elephant and I'm hoping for more words in this same font eventually.
I hope you all had a great Labor Day Weekend and have a great week. Fall will be here at the end of this month!