Thursday, April 14, 2016

Lavender Moon

I love pink and purple.  I love it even more if they are somehow combined into one thing as long as the shades are right.  Granted, you can't just pick a couple of random shades of these two colors and toss them together like a salad, but when you take the time to select just the right shade, it can be magic.

You'll probably be surprised to find out that I watercolored these flowers from the Altenew Peony Bouquet Stamp Set with Papertrey Ink's Lavender Moon Ink. The leaves were watercolored using Vintage Jadeite, a green that I absolutely adore.  I did this by smooshing some ink onto an acrylic block and using my water brush to paint with it.

Shades of purple rarely behave as expected when combined with water.  The first layer of color I put in was truly a soft lavender shade but when I added in the second layer of color, it seemed distinctly mauve which then made me start thinking about how nice they would look with the Autumn Rose Cardstock from Papertrey Ink.  I cut each of the flowers and leaves out with the coordinating Peony Bouquet Die Set.


I used a My Favorite Things Oval Stax for the Stitched Oval Piece and I cut that from Gold Foil "Cardstock".  I don't know if y'all pay much attention to the price of gold foil cardstock, but I've been using Gold Foil Poster Board recently.  I can find it on sale often at Hobby Lobby (2 sheets for $1.00) and I can use as much as I want of it since it isn't costing me $2.00 for a sheet of 12 x 12 inch paper. The Poster Board comes in a sheet that is 24 x 36 inches so when I get it home, I cut it into sheets that are about 12 x 18 inches.  The cut doesn't have to be perfect, I'm only trying to manage the size I'm storing.  I just use my Tim Holtz Scissors and it's easy.

The Sentiment is from Graceful Greetings and was stamped on vellum in Versamark then heat set it using Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder.  I cut it out with the coordinating Graceful Greetings Dies.

I've mentioned before that my Mother-In-Law resides in a nursing home.  One of the things she really liked before was to get a greeting card.  She isn't really aware of a whole lot that is going on around her now, but she enjoys looking at her cards.  One of my Sister-In-Laws reads them to her whenever she goes to visit.  I try to keep a pretty steady stream of them going her way and I made this card with her in mind.

Over at the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog, they always have a challenge of "Anything Goes" as long as it is family friendly and uplifting so I'll be linking up to their blog.  The Simon Monday Challenge this week is for "April Showers Bring May Flowers".

And last but not least, I want to share this over on the Papertrey Ink "Create Along With Us Challenge. My color choices were totally inspired by Melissa Phillips' Succulents Card found here. Melissa has a way with soft, gentle color!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I'll be back soon with another project for you.

5 comments:

  1. Vicki, your uplifting card for your MIL is simply stunning! Who knew you could use Lavender Moon with Autumn Rose? Your gold foil tip is a bonus. Now I can quit hoarding mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely elegant card you've created here! The flowers are stunning and I love how you incorporated the metallics. The gold oval background is genius! You did a remarkable job on this and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Vicky! All your soft coloring and the gold make this such an elegant card...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card. Love the gold embossing. So delighted you linked your creation with us at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you join us again in our ongoing Challenge. I would love to encourage you with God's Word from 1 John 2:17 which says, "The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever." Have a wonderful week and God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!