Monday, June 11, 2018

We've Moved!

Hello and welcome back to my blog! We finally closed on our house the day after Memorial Day and moved in about half of our furniture but things are not going as fast as I would like with my studio space and it is taking longer than I want to get organized.  My work is important to my overall well being, so I'm trying to get back at it this week.  Primarily, I am waiting for the glass top to my double work station so that I can finish figuring out what to put where. 

The bookshelf that holds my stamps and dies in their bins is on the next load which is coming later this week.  The garage of our other house is not yet empty, but the house finally is.  The puppies do not know what to think of the chaos all around us but they are very happy to climb in bed with us at the end of the day.  As you can see, it is still very messy in this studio.

I have to figure out how I want to set everything up but I have a hard time doing that until I actually have stuff in front of me so the bookcase is an important part of this process.  I am not certain it will fit where it is intended for a long term solution so I need to get that figured out quickly.  The only thing I know for sure is that I need to have the work surface protected so I am reluctant to set anything on the work stations until the glass is in place.  I also set up a temporary heat embossing station on the counter top until everything is in place in the room and I figure out where to set that up permanently.
 
Another piece of the puzzle is figuring out new lighting for my photos.  With the back-lighting from the windows, it makes the front tougher to capture accurately so that's another piece of the puzzle I don't have figured out yet.  The furniture in this room is very heavy so I can't really change it once it's in place.  As you can see in the photo above, I placed my frequently used colored cardstock on the shelves of the grey work station but that's really the only thing I've set in place.  I am getting three more Ikea Alex Drawer Units for the area that is currently covered with stamps dies and whatever but this time I am getting the wider width ones.  Three will fit across there nicely and I will have a die cutting station there (that Gemini takes some serious space).  Primarily, I still use my Cuttlebug most often but that was due to the fact that my Gemini was in the kitchen since I got it earlier this year.  I plan to have one of the Sizzix Sidekicks on my desk where I do most of my work and the other one on the grey work station.   

One of the big things we did was to plan for a lot of outlets in the studio so that I would not have power strips going everywhere like in the other house.  I'll have to let you know how my plan works out in a few months. 

I know you won't believe it, but my plan was to keep this short today so that I can sit and actually make a card.  We don't have mail boxes at the new place yet, but when I went to pick up the mail from the Post Office earlier today, I had 2 new stamps to play with in that bundle of mail — Altenew's newest Build-A-Flower - Larkspur and the newest Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers set.  I am itching to heat emboss and color that one this week so I'm keeping this post fairly short. 

I'm hoping in another week or two I will be more settled into my new, luxurious space and have my set up figured out.  For now, this is what I have and my desk is a total disaster area even though I have more actual working space here. There are just certain things I like to have at my fingertips, so I have more stuff on it than I did before.  But that will likely change in the next several days. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I really appreciate it if you've stuck with me and I'm getting back to work today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!