Friday, January 27, 2017

Sunday Stamps Challenge

Today I have a card for the Sunday Stamps Challenge #144 - Seeing Stars.  My hubby's twin brother and his wife have a classic car that they take around the country to various car shows and this past weekend they won 4 of the awards at a car show in Wichita, Kansas for their car.  That meant a "Congratulations" card was in order so this is what I came up with to send to them.

I used True Black Cardstock to make my card base.  The background panel is made from a designer paper that I found a few months ago at Michaels while we were visiting our daughter and her family in Dallas.  I wish I had gotten a couple more sheets as this is a great one for men.  It doesn't photograph all that well, but it's not terrible either.  This paper is printed with the grey scale triangle pattern but is also a gold shimmer cardstock.  So I pulled in the gold stars and banner for a really classic look.  It's not too feminine but not too manly either; it's just a nice balance.


The stars are cut using an old Cookie Cutter Die set from Quickutz, the Banner is from Papertrey Ink's Tag Sale: Quilted and the Congrats is from Winnie and Walter's The Big, The Bold & You Die Cuts.  

This was a very fast and easy card to make and the Black White & Gold make a very striking combination. Anytime I use a dark colored card base, I always cut a Stitched Rectangle Panel to to go on the inside of the card so I don't have to try to find a white pen that works to write a note.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm still trying to get back in the groove and catch up from a 2 week vacation.  There were a few blog posts that went live while I was at CHA so be sure to check out those blog posts for my projects.  

2 comments:

  1. Very handsome card! Your gray, gold, and black are so nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers! The black and gold really pops on your card - excellent!! Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and for your encouraging comments!