Thursday, June 2, 2016

Altenew June 2016 Inspiration Challenge

When I saw the inspiration photo for the Altenew Blog Challenge this month, I knew I wanted to participate. The colors of the inspiration photo are so fresh and crisp, yet soft and delicate from the muted tones of the eucalyptus to the soft creamy roses to the white ranunculus and the sparkle and shine of the wedding dress.  The photo happens to be one of the design team's images from her wedding.

To get the soft yellow blooms, I stamped the outline layer and then layer two of Altenew Beautiful Day Stamp Set onto Rustic White Cardstock using Lemon Tart Ink from Papertrey.  I love how the color just softens into this delicate butter color as it dries. Once the ink was dry, I stamped the outlines again using Versamark and heat embossed them with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold Embossing Powder. Additionally I stamped and heat embossed the leaf outlines onto Stamper's Select 44# Vellum and SU! Wild Wasabi Cardstock then die cut everything with the Beautiful Day Coordinating Dies.  I used a Spellbinders Oval Floral to cut a frame from gold metallic poster board.  I die cut a large stitched rectangle from Vintage Jadeite Cardstock and then assembled the elements together around the frame.

The Beautiful Day Blooms always remind me of wild roses so they were a natural choice for this challenge.  Once I had everything adhered, I attached that to an A2 card base made from Rustic White Cardstock by Papertrey Ink.  I recently got a small pack of this paper to try and I really like it. It has little speckles in it and would be great for masculine cards.  I've seen some of the Altenew Spicy Yogurt Cardstock in photographs and I would love to try that also. It has lots of flecks in it. It would work great a neutral for me so I plan to try it in the not too distant future.


For the sentiment, I used one of the ones included in the Beautiful Day Stamp Set and think it's perfect for a wedding or just for a friend that you want to send some encouragement to.  I stamped it onto a strip of vellum and then laid the vellum across the stitched rectangle die to put the stitch marks on each side of it. I used a combination of adhesives for this card including Ranger Multi Medium Matte, Foam Squares and Sookwang Paper Tape.  I have to say, I am getting to be a big fan of the Sookwang Tape (a.k.a. Scor-Tape) as it's not really visible under vellum.  It's also easy because you can tear it instead of having to cut it. I finished the card by adding a few sequins in Crystal and Gold from Darice.

I think this is the first time I have created a card specifically for the Altenew Monthly Challenge although they always have beautiful inspiration images.  This set is my favorite of all the Altenew stamp sets I own.  There are a few on my wish list and there's one I have dies for, but not the stamps. I'm sure some of my crafty friends can relate to that predicament. *Ü*  Thank you so much for stopping by to see my project.  I hope you'll come again soon!

2 comments:

  1. A lovely project. Yes that yellow is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect take on the inspiration photo - it's so fresh and pretty and the gold embossing really adds a touch of elegance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for making my day by leaving an encouraging comment! It means the world to me when you do. Hugs!